Sefron Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sefron Alliance

Strength in numbers

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Expedition Aliens - Best Practices?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuut-Riit

Chuut-Riit

Expedition Aliens - Best Practices? Empty
PostSubject: Expedition Aliens - Best Practices?   Expedition Aliens - Best Practices? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 am

Expedition Aliens - Best Practices? Chuttr12
Aliens are Herbivores !

Just wondering what levels or fleet strategies I should be using when on expeditions in my system when i encounter Aliens. Because a fleet of 15 Aliens hit my 19 ships and totally destroyed them. What should i be expecting to hit out there as time goes on?

Also, is it safe to make similar expeditions into other systems - or will I run into more than just aliens on extra-system voyages?

Chuut-Riit
Scream and Leap!
Back to top Go down
Alia20

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Aliens - Best Practices?   Expedition Aliens - Best Practices? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Ogame designers have never really told, but through experience most people have found it works on a sort of probability.

You can expect Pirates (which will have levels lower than you) or aliens (with levels higher than you). Both of these are the combat scenarios and always unfavorable to have.

You can expect to return with nothing except some pets, return later than normal or earlier than normal.

Or the best luck of all, you can expect resources and ships.

This website http://tools.ogamecentral.com/expedition-calculator#comment-928 can give you the basics.

I found this arrangement to give hundreds of k resources back with minimal battle encounters.

30-50 Heavy Fighters (They somehow carry a high rate to find good luck)
50-70 Large Cargoes
2-10 Battlecruisers or Destroyers
Espionage Probes

You can do expeditions in other systems other than your own, but with high deuterium cost. The chance of findings in a system is proportionate to the amount of people doing expeditions in that system. The less the better.
Back to top Go down
Chuut-Riit

Chuut-Riit

PostSubject: Thanks! Great Info!   Expedition Aliens - Best Practices? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:44 am

That was incredibly helpful. Now if I can apply it effectively!
I really appreciate your reply!

Chuut-Riit
Scream and Leap!

Alia20 wrote:
Ogame designers have never really told, but through experience most people have found it works on a sort of probability.

You can expect Pirates (which will have levels lower than you) or aliens (with levels higher than you). Both of these are the combat scenarios and always unfavorable to have.

You can expect to return with nothing except some pets, return later than normal or earlier than normal.

Or the best luck of all, you can expect resources and ships.

This website http://tools.ogamecentral.com/expedition-calculator#comment-928 can give you the basics.

I found this arrangement to give hundreds of k resources back with minimal battle encounters.

30-50 Heavy Fighters (They somehow carry a high rate to find good luck)
50-70 Large Cargoes
2-10 Battlecruisers or Destroyers
Espionage Probes

You can do expeditions in other systems other than your own, but with high deuterium cost. The chance of findings in a system is proportionate to the amount of people doing expeditions in that system. The less the better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Aliens - Best Practices?   Expedition Aliens - Best Practices? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expedition Aliens - Best Practices?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefron Alliance :: Alliance :: Andromeda US :: General-
Jump to: